There is a certain breed of cruise passenger who will complain about the most ridiculous things. Here are some crackers, obtained through a survey by travel agency Bonvoyage.co.uk.
– A woman said the sea was “too loud” in the Mediterranean and cabins should be “better sound-proofed from the sounds of the sea”.
– A couple accused a ship’s captain of being “rude” for departing from a port (on time) when they had left a note saying they needed more time for sightseeing.
– A man complained about not getting “an impressive tan” while cruising in Alaska. Repeat, Alaska.
– A woman on a Celebrity Cruises ship asked for a refund as there were no celebrities on board.
– A British couple resented spending a lot more money than planned on crew tips due to the “exceptional” service on board.
– A woman who booked an inside cabin asked for a window to be installed.
Bonvoyage.co.uk cruise development manager Steph Curtin said: “I’m afraid we can’t be held responsible for the sea being too loud or the lack of celebrities on board.”